Place:


Llanbedrycennin  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanbedrycennin like this:

LLANBEDR-Y-CENNIN, a township and a parish in Conway district, Carnarvon. The township lies on the river Conway, and on the Conway and Llanrwst railway, at Tal-y-Cafn r. station, 4&hf. miles S of Conway; includes the hamlets of Tal-y-Cafn and Aidda; and has a fair on 3 Oct. Pop., 355. Houses, 76. ...


The parish contains also the township of Dolgarrog; and its Post town is Llanrwst, Denbighshire. Acres, 4,909. Real property, £2,385. Pop., 489. Houses, 103. The property is divided among a few. Many of the inhabitants are employed in mines. An ancient British camp is at Pen-yGaer. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Caerhun, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £289.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is good; and there are charities £44.

Llanbedrycennin through time

Llanbedrycennin is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanbedrycennin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanbedrycennin, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5374

Date accessed: 03rd December 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanbedrycennin ".